Exceptional Lobmeyr Glass Chandelier *SOLD
The clear, elegant shape makes this beautiful Chandelier to a very special model of its time. It shows the remarkable finesse and outstanding craftsmanship paired with an impeccable sense for high quality of the significant Viennese manufacturers at the turn of the century.
All over richly decorated with fine cut glass, faceted pendants and prisms; nine glass arms terminating in elaborate glass drip pans, and blossom shaped nozzles with original white candle sleeves.
A special feature is the downward pointing sockets for lightbulbs. The Chandelier’s draft traces back to an early version of the first electrified Chandelier from the manufactory Lobmeyr, which was the outcome of a collaboration between Ludwig Lobmeyr and Thomas Alva Edison in 1882.
Our Chandelier here has three downward pointing sockets for lightbulbs in beautifully elaborated blossom shaped nozzles hung with faceted drops.
The glass baluster stem with by hand glass cut beaded and elliptic shaped decoration. With a facet cut pendant terminal.